I wanted to share with you guys my traffic sources for the past month. All of this traffic was obtained free of charge. I didn’t spend a single dime advertising on any site for the past month. I did hold a few contests on my site, but it didn’t cost me that much money. I’ll list the top 9 traffic sources of this make money blog.
1. Blogcatalog sent me a total of 1,451 visitors. I added as many friends as i could on BC. I joined groups and participated in discussions.
2. Entrecard sent me a monthly total of 1,264 visitors. I was lucky to have joined early. BloggerNoob is one of the most popular blogs on entrecard. I remain on the top list cause i place my ads on the most popular blogs. Save up your credits and place your ads on the most popular blogs and you’ll see that your ad rate will increase.
4. Entrecard ads – these visitors are from the ads i placed. notice that i received more visitors from entrecard dot com. It helped that my site was one of the most popular. The ads i placed on other peoples blogs sent me 1,091 visitors.
3. Direct – i guess my blog has quite a few repeat visitors. 1120 of you type in my URL to access this blog. Danke. That’s why it’s important to have your own domain. And make sure it’s an easy to remember domain.
5. Sitepoint sent me a total of 980 visitors. One of the threads i started got featured on sitepoint. It brought me a lot while it was being featured. That’s why it’s important to get involved in webmaster forum discussions.
6. Stumbleupon sent me 904 visitors during this 30 day period. I got stumbled around 7 times. Each time i got around 125 visitors. The reason why i think stumbleupon traffic isn’t any good is the fact that stumbleupon’s traffic is has the lowest pageview and time spent on site.
7. Google organic sent me 647 visitors. I’ve been working on my keywords and i’m glad it’s paying off.
8. Google.com / referral sent me 406 visitors. Not sure what google referral is exactly. Maybe you guys can enlighten me.
9. Forums.digitalpoint referral sent 183 visitors to bloggernoob dot com. Again i can’t stress enough the importance of hitting the forums.
I plan on increasing my Direct hits by posting more great content. I want to increase RSS subscriptions too. If you haven’t subscribed to my RSS feed, click here. I’ve been climbing as far as search visibility and i want to keep pressing this option. I’m on page 2 of google search for “make money blog.” My goal is to get to the first page. Hopefully this breakdown was helpful to you guys. Remember, this blog is only 70 days old. If a noob like me can get this much traffic, there’s hope for us all.