I’m still surprised to see a lot of noob blogs. I visit blogs of some of the people who left me comments and i still see the same mistakes i made when i was a noob. I know not everyone has the time to maintain a blog that makes money, but you should still try to break away from your newb shell. I’ve compiled a list with links to some of my older posts. Reference it like a checklist and see if you’re still a noob.
Follow this list and it help you drive more traffic to your blog. You know what that means right? More traffic means that you will make more money with you blog.
1. Get yourself a favicon. It’s easy to do and it’s actually pretty cool to have your own unique favicon shown when someone enters your blog.
2. Get yourself a domain name. Even if you’re on a blogspot blog, you could register a domain for under 10 bucks. Who knows, maybe you could even make money off your domain.
3. Don’t pay for stuff. In the beginning stages, why waste your money on overpriced reviews or ads. Learn the trade and then invest wisely.
5. Don’t overuse your linking power. When you give out a link, you’re showing love, but be selective. If you give out too many links, your links will mean nothing. Who will buy your link when it’s worth nothing? No one.
6. Link to your own blog. This will give you deep links and it will give new readers a chance to read some of your older posts.
7. Post pictures. I never read a blog that doesn’t have any images or pictures. I don’t know why, but it’s boring. Blog readers want to read magazines not essays. Get in the habit of posting pictures. You’ll get traffic from search engines too. I get quite a few hits every day for the images i post.
8. Get rid of ads that aren’t performing. I still see a lot of adsense on blogs. What a waste. Adsense and adbrite type pay per click programs seem like that will perform right? Wrong. You would think that people will click. But they don’t. Don’t waste your time on those things. It’s probably better to give out free ads to blogging friends. Unless your site gets thousands of hits a day, don’t even bother with adsense.
10. Update often. I know it’s time consuming but in the beginning stage, you have to constantly be posting. This will get the search bots to keep coming back to your blog. This will tell your readers to keep coming back. Try to post every day if you can, if you can’t, at least once every two to three days. If i go to a blog and i see the top post is from a month ago, i never go back to that blog. If it’s too hard to post lengthy posts, try filler posts.