BloggerNoob dot com has hit the first page on google. I’ve been working my keyword rank and today i reach a goal of mine. I wanted to get to the front page of google for search term “Make Money Blog.” I’m the last one listed but i’m glad that the hard work as paid off. Even tho i got slapped by google pagerank for doing sponsored reviews, im glad i was able to work my way up the search results. It’s important for every blogger to set keyword goals. Getting traffic is the most important thing for any blog. Getting keyword specific traffic is probably the best form of traffic. Traffic will help monetize your site, and keyword specific traffic will aid you in getting some private ad sales. Do you want to know how i did it? You’ll be surprised how easy it is.
You should first decide on which keywords you want to focus on. For bloggernoob, i wanted to start with the keywords “Make Money Blog.” Since bloggernoob dot com is a make money blog, it was an easy choice. I also worked on “learn to blog.” For you first attempt, try not to focus on keywords that are very popular. It’s not going to happen for you fast and the delay will most likely cause you to lose hope. Focus on terms that apply to your site but isn’t that too popular. Here is a list of things to do.
1. Get keyword anchoring links. When you ask for links or do link trades, have them put your keywords, not the name of your site.
2. Get links to individual posts. These deep links will help you get more of your site indexed. Link to your individual posts. When you write a post try to include links to your archived posts.
3. Frequently use your keywords in your title and post. Try to bold the keyword text inside the posts. Mention your keywords often in your posts. Don’t over do this, mentioning your keywords three times is good.
4. Use your keywords in your tags. Label your keywords in your catagory section and place some of your posts in that catagory.
5. Use pictures. Your keywords should be part of the picture name. For example, i’ll use a picture of a 100 dollar bill and name that picture, “makemoneyblog” or “make-money-blog”
6. Label your widgets with your keywords. If you noticed, my sidebar and footer widgets all have the words, “make money” or “make money blog” in them.
7. Put some footer links on your site that point to your blog with your keywords as anchoring text. Check out my footer links if you want to see an example of this.
8. Set up more blogs and include links to your main blog with keyword specific anchoring text. Use domain names that you aren’t using. Or if you already have multiple blogs, link to your other blogs. I have over a hundred domains. I haven’t set up sites yet on all the domains, but i plan to get all the domains up soon. After i slowly get content for each site, i’ll include links to bloggernoob with anchoring text “make money blog.”
9. Work hard. Try to do this on a daily basis. Update your content often and you should reach your keyword search goals in no time.
Remember to work these strategies on multiple blogs and websites. You can host multiple blogs on a single web hosting plan.
If you found these tips to be useful, you should subscribe to my RSS feed.