Many years of your marketing and branding activities should have made your logo the identity of your company. Of course, you like your logo and never want to change it. However what you may not be considering is the fact that with changing time and environment, the design preferences and tastes change too.
Ever think why large organizations update their logos, because they are willing to portray a more contemporary feel. This however doesn’t mean that you should change your logo completely.
In this piece of writing we will discuss why improving small bits of elements in your logo are essential to maintain your legacy and brand identity.
Ask few questions to yourself
Before going for a change, ask yourself few questions, if your answers is no to all or most of the questions below, than the effective logo redesign is the answer.
1. Take a close look at your logo not being as an owner rather being as a customer. What do you feel? Does the design appeal to you?
2. Can the color, font, style and other elements are recognized easily?
3. Is your logo look fresh and modern with contemporary logo design trends?
4. Is your logo successful in portraying a business image to your target audience?
5. Is your logo compatible with all the advertising and marketing mediums?
6. Is you logo unique and doesn’t match with your competitor’s logo?
Redesigning of logo and improving the look sometimes become crucial. There are several reasons which can justify the above mentioned comments:
1. Updating your logo look more eye-catching to viewers. The graphics, images, colors, fonts used in the logo must all reveal the aesthetic element of the design. If the logo you have does not meet the above standard, a logo redesign is highly recommended to earn benefit out of the logo.
2. Colors, fonts, and all the other elements should be located in your logo in such a way that they are easily visible to the viewers. If the fonts are hard to read, or logo is over-crowded with too many colors, it tends to irritate the customer and he won’t be able to recognize your logo when he sees it next time. Whereas, simple and easy to recognized logo will provide the viewer to memorize it at a glance. If your current logo has necessary message buried and irritates the viewer in finding the purpose of your business, then a logo redesign is a turnkey solution to draw attention of the viewers.
3. The style of your logo is another very important factor. There may be many things you wish to put in your logo, but at the same time you must keep in mind that the style should be similar to the characteristic like the type of your business or the kind of your target audience. If the logo you own does not suitably portray your business purpose to the old customers, logo redesign is necessary in order to carry targeted message accurately and efficiently.
4. The logo design trends are constantly changing. New trends like Web 2.0, Waves, and Organic 3D are in the market that make logos look fresher and eye-catching and portray the company’s image as an innovative and modern. Thus, if your logo is not according to the current logo design trends, and doesn’t look fresh and modern, you will not be able to battle with competition. When such things happen, giving your logo a face lift can prove to be enormously successful.
5. Determine how you are going to use your logo on different marketing and advertising mediums like billboards, brochures, letterheads, pens, buttons etc., therefore, logo is meant to be versatile, and its design should bestowed to any use imaginable. But, if your logo is not compatible with all the available mediums, it’s better to consider redesign.
Getting a logo redesign with slight changes, not only looks appealing to the customers, but also helps in increasing the revenue. Furthermore, changing necessary elements will add the professionalism to your logo, which is the exclusive identity of your business to the millions of viewers.
A small bio:
This is guest post from Ben Johnson of Logoinn, custom logo design service provider based in UK.